Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice

So I have a major love affair with pumpkin. I would slather it all over my lover if I thought I could keep up with the laundry enough to actually wash my sheets more than I do.

I make these every year (well the last 2 years) when the leaves turn orange and when hot cider makes its appearance in the local cafes. They. Are. Perfection. Truly, they have a more cake like texture than I typically prefer for cookies but these are not your average cookies. The recipe I adapted, calls for a glaze but these cookies deserve more. They deserve frosting, of the cream cheese variety.

Adapted from Very Best Baking

Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Yields-3 dozen
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Beat butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer
Add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
Spread onto cookies with a butter knife!

No comments:

Post a Comment